.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

Holiday Cottage Guestbook

I think I have stopped the spammers from adding their stupid messages on our South Brittany Cottage guest book. As I stated in an earlier posting we were getting 3 or 4 entries a day on our guest book, with silly wording like ' I send send you and your guests my best wishes' or 'I like your site so much I bookmark it' and it was really getting a pain to keep deleting them all the time.They had to have been spambots (automated) as I played around with the php coding and stopped them from leaving their website url on the guestbook, so if it was a human that wanted to spam they would realise it be of no benefit to them. So I played around with the coding and altered the coding so that where you had to enter an email addres you now have to put the answer to a question - which is asked instead of the wording enter email address. And so far so good, no more spam. I will keep you informed if things change.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?