.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 

Blocked Drain - But Not With Our Guests

I have to say a big thank you to Brian and Wayne that stayed in our cottage last week.We noticed that a drain was blocked and we thought that after the summer of being let, it was probably grease blocking it. So we set about rodding it to clear the blockage, and then pouring drain cleaner down.And all was fine for 3 days! So I tried rodding again, and after failing to clear it I then started to dig an exploritry hole to see if I could see the bend in the pipe where I thought the blockage was. Then Brian and Wayne, who were staying in the cottage, came out and started to help and we ended up digging up a flower bed uncovering a lot of the offending pipe and found it was tree roots that had got into the pipe where the bends were. So with the help of Brian and Wayne I ended up resleeving the pipe with a flexi - pipe the complete length of the original drain. So once again a big thank you to Brian, Wayne and also to Sarah and Sharon for the moral support and letting the chaps help.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?